Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2015 for 2426 Postmans / Mail Guard / MTS Last Date To apply:: 18th Februrary 2015
The General Post Office of Mumbai was established in 1794 by the then appointed Postmaster General for Mumbai Presidency, Mr. Charles Elphinstone. Before that, Mumbai had only an agency Post Office, that the East India Company had brought into existence.All despatches of mail were brought in and delivered out of that agency Post Office. The East India Company was keen on overcoming the difficulty of establishing contacts with far-flung regions of the country under its occupation by establishing postal communication connecting the principal towns. Lord Clive’s Minute of 1766 gave the lead. But the first regular Post Office had to wait for Sir Warren Hastings, till 1774 when Calcutta GPO was established. An overland route between Chennai and Mumbai was inaugurated in the following year but Mumbai GPO took still more time. By the time the Indian Post office was recognised GPO, over half-a-century old, had grown into an impressive hub of written communication. In those days, this GPO was housed in a congerie of small buildings near the Apollo Pier. These buildings were lost in a fire. Following the fire, the GPO moved in 1869 into the building built for it. In course of time, that building became inadequate for the GPO, and very early in this century, plans were already afoot for construction of a new building. Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2015 for 2426 Postmans invites the application from the required candidates and the candidates who are eligible for the posts may go through the notification and apply for them before the last date 18th February 2015.
Name of the Organisation:: Maharashtra Postal Circle
Place of the Organisation:: Maharashtra
Eligibility : 10th Or Matriculation or ITI etc
Location : Maharashtra
Job Category : State Govt Jobs
Last Date : 18th Feb 2015
Job Type : Full Time
Hiring Process : Interview Test
Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2015 for 2426 Postmans Details:
|03.||Multi Tasking Staff||725|
- Candidates should have the age limit of 18 years to 27 years for the General Category.
- The Crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for online registration of applications as on 18th February 2015 for All Categories.
- Age relaxation as per rules
- For Postman Post: Matriculation from a recognized board or University.
- For Mail Guard Post: Matriculation or Equivalent from a recognized board Or University.
- For MTS Post: Matriculation or ITI from a recognized board.
- Educational qualification must be regulated as per government norms.
- Rs.5200-20200 (Pay Band – 1) with Grade Pay of Rs. 2000 + other admissible allowances as prescribed from time to time
Candidates are required to pay Rs.100 as Registration fee for all Category Candidates. And candidates must have to pay Rs. 400 as examination fee only for the General/ OBC Category Candidates. Candidates who belonging to the SC/ST/Physical Handicapped/Women category are exempted from the Examination Fee. The fee is required to be submitted through system generated challan only.
- The selections will be done on their Merit positions in Aptitude Test for Maharashtra circle (Maharashtra State & Goa State) as a whole by the candidates as specified.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website.
- Candidates should read the complete information through the official recruitment notification.
- Applicants can scan their Photographs and Signature before filling the application form.
- Applicants should provide the valid Email ID or Mobile number.
- Read the instructions carefully before filing the online application form.
- Take print out of online generated application for further references.
- Starting Date to Fill Online Application Form: 24th January 2015
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 18th February 2015
- Last Date for Submission of Fee: 21st February 2015
- For the OFFICIAL Website: http://www.dopmah.in/ OR maharashtrapost.gov.in