Shipbuilding was an established profession throughout the Indian coastline prior to the advent of the Europeans and it contributed significantly to maritime exploration throughout Indian maritime history. Indian rulers weakened with the advent of the European powers during the middle ages. Indian shipbuilders, however, continued to build ships capable of carrying 800 to 1000 tons. The shipbuilders built ships like HMS Hindostan and HMS Ceylon, inducted into the Royal Navy. Other historical ships made by the Indian shipbuilders included HMS Asia (commanded by Edward Codrington during the Battle of Navarino in 1827), HMS Cornwallis (on board which the Treaty of Nanking was signed in 1842), and HMS Minden (on which Francis Scott Key wrote the poem “The Defence of Fort McHenry”, later to become the lyrics to “The Star-Spangled Banner”). Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2015 for 264 Various Posts
Naval Dockyard Mumbai Recruitment 2015 for 264 Various Posts Details:
|01.||Boat Crew – LASCAR- I||207|
|02.||Boat Crew – Fireman||57|
- Candidates age should be between 18 and 35 Years.
- Upper age relaxation is 05 years for SC/ST candidates
- Relaxation to submission of certificates as per Govt of India.
- Candidates should have 10th Standard pass from a recognized Board/ Institution.
- Candidates should know Swimming and shall have at least 03 years service on a ship/ craft of a registered vessel.
- Refer to Notification for Post wise details
- Rs.5200-20200/- with Grade pay 1800/-
- No application fee
- Selection of the candidates will be through Written Examination and Physical Efficiency Test. There will be also Medical Examination at final stage.
How to Apply:
- Candidates are required to apply online by filling online application form through official website
- Aspirants are requested to read the instructions carefully before filling online application form.
- After successful applying online upload the scanned copies of photograph, signature.
- Candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria are to download the registration/application form generated by the system with unique registration number.
- Now take the printout copy of application form for future use.
- Starting Date of Online Application : 10th February 2015
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 20th February 2015
- Last Date to take Printout of Application: 25th February 2015
- Website: http://www.godiwadabhartee.com/
- For the Detailed ADVT Notification:: CLICK HERE